I was badly shaken up.
Call bell rang at 2.45 as i was walking in the ward.
Went to answer for it, its in the shower room.
Open the door.
My patient bed 6, said he was feeling giddy.
I was like, oh ok and took a step
forward to him to assist him.
little did i know, that in that split nano,milli or ZILCH second,
he threw a fit, shaking vigorously, bang his head HARD on the side wall
and literally fell from the toilet chair.. right before my very eyes.
And that was it.
NO, he didnt die mind you.
What did i do then?
well, i screamed at first. Thinking back, that was hilarious
cause it was loud. you noe like the king kong advert?
"Now scream!" haha. ok thats out.
well then, i went to him, tried to pick him up but to no avail.
i think the son asked for help cause EVRYONE in the ward came behind me.
Sister, staff nurses, AN, Nyp, alah everyone lah..even the cleaner.
He was heavy i tell you. I almost fell backwards trying to hold him up.
Then, he was brought back to the bed, and all the necessary was done.
I didnt help out.
Because i was badly shaken up.
I swear that it was the most HORRIBLE feeling ive ever felt in
my whole entire destined life.
You dont know how scary it was to have to watch all that
and not done anything to prevent it.
But i know its not my fault.
Patient was just "unwell".
Nevertheless. THANK GOD.
Patient is safe and sound. Sister is not isolating me.
Lecturer is fine with it. And all i have to do is
write an incident report.
That is, until Shymala comes back.
Lets see what she has to say.